VOIP is a telecommunications technology that replaces and upgrades the legacy Public Switched Telephone Network cabling. Its only drawback is that it requires Internet, but in return VOIP provides secure access and lots of extras important to business telephony.
Transferring to VOIP is almost mandatory if you are running business that relies on telephony or if you are simply planning to change your telecom system. VOIP offers important benefits, both financial and operational. It simplifies the infrastructure and reduces call, maintenance and moving costs.
Growing numbers of businesses have already moved to VOIP realizing these benefits. The trend is not surprising considering the lower costs for businesses. According to analysis switching from legacy systems to SIP trunking lowers the total cost by 50%.
VOIP gives the business access to the all the benefits of Internet telephony. With the new infrastructure Voip connects your PBX to an Internet Telephony Provider, benefiting you from the lower cost of long distance calls and professional pbx functions. You can even use rented cloud PBX to lower maintenance and infrastructure costs.
If have interstate branch offices and want to connect them to the communication facilities of head office, you can connect them with VOIP. This can be done by connecting the sites to your infrastructure or using a service provider that can connect your facilities with cloud PBX. Both ways, you provide your branches with improved communications eliminating duplicate infrastructure while effectively halving the support staff needed.
Operate separate networks for data and voice is not cost effective and is even harder to backup. You can make significant savings with VOIP transition. using a single channel for data, voice and video will reduce network complexity and you will cut the costs for upgrades, backup lines and maintenance.
As mentioned before the main disadvantage of VOIP communications is the requirement for internet connection. It is not much of a problem when you are calling from the office but field workers don’t have that privilege. Some VOIP providers like MIXvoip recently solved that issue by using DTMF allowing mobile VOIP calls to be made even without internet connection.
With that many benefits, how would you proceed when choosing a VOIP provider? Which are the most important factors to consider?
As people that have been in the VOIP business for quite some time now, we recommend you to choose by:
Security the most important factor because VOIP is an Internet technology. As such it can be subject attacks and other risks that come with that environment. Service providers offer different security measures and techs. Software measures include authentication, encryption and the use of secure real time transport protocols. Hardware security is mostly done with the use of separate network access routers it is called transport-layer security and is used to protect your network against attacks that can disrupt the phone service.
Quality of support really important too and definitely should be considered. As with every service, at some point problems will arise and you should be confident that your provider can minimize the downtimes. VOIP is an Internet service often hosted on cloud servers, as such businesses don’t need support staff on site, the service provider support teams have the responsibility to keep everything running.
Pricing and mobility are mostly self explanatory. They are both very business specific and depend on individual business structure and needs. Some providers charge flat, based on number of devices, others charge based on the number of calls your business makes. Most VOIP providers do not offer unlimited calls but there are exceptions. If you have lots of field workers you should make sure the company offers a mobile app.
Call quality is not that important but shouldn’t be neglected. Most providers promote on call quality but you should know that sound quality requires more data. When more data is used you can make less simultaneous calls without call interferences and you will need to upgrade your internet plan.
VOIP is essential if you want to enjoy the advantages of business communications, save money and achieve business, financial and operational benefits.
Over the past 14 months i’ve met with many different customers at many different levels. One thing I continually do is talk about the benefits of converged technology such as VoIP and IP Telephony. The last few blogs have leveraged convergenced as a foundation for unified communications as a next generation service offer but in this post I thought I would try something different and revisit the benefits of some common technology – VoIP and IP Telephony.
Most people understand the benefits of transitioning to a converged all-IP environment. As more applications come onto the market and the technology proves itself, these firms will be able to avail themselves of the many benefits of such converged technology adoption.
· Offers advanced call routing and enables new applications to further customer service initiatives.
· Accelerates and facilitates the move from a legacy environment to converged networks.
· Anchors IP innovation across the enterprise, and helps deploy a web services infrastructure enabling rapid development of IP-based applications and services.
· Facilitates the deployment of real-time workforce collaboration tools, which fosters an environment of high worker productivity, innovation and information sharing.
· The market isn’t moving towards converged networks – it’s there! Therefore the adoption of IP and VoIP are foundational steps on taking you down that path.
· Voice over IP can bring customers the benefits of network optimization and greater value through the convergence of services over a single connection. One IP network will handle data, video and voice.
· It can reduce total spend on traditional telco services by converging voice and data onto one pipe, eliminating the need for leased line charges from a telephone service provider, since all calls are flat rate.
· Depending upon the design all calls may be on-net as is the case with Global Crossing’s VoIP Onnet services. Compared to traditional TDM solution with the exception of private voice networks the majority of calls may be delivered off-net and thus more costly to operate from a call perspective. Fully converged services extend the on-net “look and feel” through our enterprise VoIP network. Instead of building their own TDM networks and deploying proprietary on-net calling plans, customers will gain value by leveraging a service providers VoIP network such as Global Crossings.
· It can help lower cell phone charges by enabling worker productivity on the road and remotely.
· It reduces high toll, long-distance usage.
· It facilitates real-estate consolidations through extension and directory mobility by leveraging VoIP with “find me follow me services”.
· It reduces PBX support issues by migrating to fully converged network-based services that are centrally located.
· Packet-based voice traffic becomes just one application running over a multi-service network, allowing for more efficient bandwidth utilization.
· With dynamic bandwidth allocation technology in the absence of voice traffic the full network is available to data traffic.
· The move to IP telephony is a good first step towards convergence, and allows for more sophisticated network management by running voice over an existing data network.
· Converged networks can be more complex to operate – the LAN’s additional complexity needs to be managed. This complexity can be offset through a managed VoIP solution.
· The business processes associated with troubleshooting and managing network quality need to be well-defined.
· Depending on the age of the network already in place, the transition to IP telephony may require some additional costs associated with hardware requirements such as advanced telecom gear to replace older equipment as well as replacing the end telephone stations used for traditional telephony with advanced IP-enabled sets.
· Additionally, if power over Ethernet is chosen there may be additional expense associated with powering the handsets.
· Finally, VoIP requires advanced traffic management and statistical analysis on edge and core components in order to track and trend network utilization and problems appropriately. Such systems may not necessarily be in place which would require further network management software to be deployed.
There you have it …. some of the VoIP and IP Telephony benefits revisited. There are cetainly more but those are just a few that I captured this evening.
The cloud has been the source of clever headlines for a years now, but what are the experiences of the early adopters? Research firm TNS surveyed 3,645 IT decision makers around the world to find out.
The study, sponsored by CSC, found that the primary driver for moving to the cloud is not cost based, but a need for the business to be able to access information from anywhere on any device. A third of respondents cited this, or mobility, as the prime driver, with only 17% saying that cost was the driver. This reflects a larger trend towards consumerization of business as workers use a variety of devices to manage their daily work.
Interestingly only 14% of respondents downsized their IT workforce following an adoption of the cloud, and 20% hired more cloud experts. Perhaps because cost was not the main driver for adopting cloud services, many companies reported no cost savings, or minimal savings. Almost half of US small businesses and a quarter of US businesses reported no savings.
Differences in cost savings are marked, region-to-region, with Brazil reporting the biggest savings, with over 90% of businesses reporting savings and an obvious correlation in the research is that Brazilian companies prepared their employees best for the move, providing information and training. Security is perhaps not the huge issue that the industry believes, with only a quarter of businesses more concerned about security after adoption. Almost half of the well-prepared Brazilians are less concerned about security after adopting the technology.
The business opportunities for cloud are clearly in the small and medium business area, where the benefits are clearer and the resistance to the change is less but it is also an area where telcos are not in their comfort zone, according to a consensus at a recent STL Partners gathering.
Whether large companies, including telcos are themselves adopting cloud services is still being examined. Certainly, the risks involved in telcos outsourcing critical processes to the cloud will not happen overnight. Just because almost half of US Government agencies report that they have moved some processes to the cloud – as part of their ‘cloud first’ policy – does not mean that large companies generally are leaping onto the bandwagon.
It is interesting, and will be of concern to some, that the cost saving argument for cloud adoption appears to be flawed. There are, of course, those industry veterans who witnessed the same phenomenon when outsourcing was the ‘next big thing’ some years ago. For large companies, unless the processes being considered for outsourcing are working well do not go ahead, outsourcing a problem seldom works and as one European IT manager from a decade ago remarked “why add legal problems to technical ones – that is all you are doing?” Or is it?
The term VoIP represents Voice communication over/via IP-network. There are many advantages of having voice communication over IP network, termed as PS ( packet switching), over traditionally voice communication, over CS( Circuit switching), like fast, easy and efficient resource utilization with enhanced features. People who wish to communicate with each other with VoIP must support TCP/IP packing, called IP-nodes/Host. VoIP is also used to establish sessions/calls to different networks like circuit switches PSTN or GSM/UMTS users.
It is a technique of sending voice/media packets over IP-network. This solution of establishing session between two parties is adopted by next generation mobile communication like 4G. VoIP is incorporated with underline protocol stack like SIP, H.323, SDP, TCP/IP suit, etc. VoIP solutions are mainly driven with the help of supporting APPLICATION layer protocol, namely SIP (Session Initiation protocol) or H.323.
Predominantly SIP is a versatile text based protocol mostly used in enhance technology. SIP defines request and response mechanism like INVITE, Register, Option, Publish etc and 1xx, 2xx, 3xx, 4xx, 5xx, 6xx responses respectively. It also defines routing mechanisms with the help of SIP-proxy server to discover called user details. A session is established between two nodes (IP-based) who wish to communicate by routing request to proxy server and querying database termed location server. Once two nodes (calling party and called party) learn each other IP-addresses, voice RTP packets are sent between them. SIP stacks maintains and control the established the voip session until it is closed. Session is released or cleared by sending BYE request to other party. SIP protocol standard is defined by IETF standards of 3261rfc and is being adopted by many new upcoming technologies. H.323 protocol on other hand is a protocol suit used earlier for VoIP solution. It is still used within certain old technology and enterprise solutions.
This section describes VoIP architecture and solution in details based on SIP protocol. VoIP architecture is defined based on three tier model.
• User-plan or Application layer mainly consists of IP-nodes who are either Calling User/Nodes or Called User/Nodes. SIP based IP-nodes are termed as UA (User Agent). SIP based IP-Node that initiates session request is termed as UAC (User Agent Client) and SIP based IP-nodes who respond to the request is termed as UAS (User Agent Server).
• Middle tier is a Server-plan or a Routing plane which help in routing SIP based request to the destination and fetching relevant data. SIP based server like SIP-proxy server, Promedia Server, Gatekeeper (for H.323 protocol) is grouped in this tier. Promedia servers are used for establishing session between SIP and H.323 based UAs.
• Database tier of the VoIP architecture consists of servers who maintains data regarding User agents, session billing and session authentication and other. Location server, Registrar server, Authentication server, Billing Server, IVR server are such example servers of this layer. The protocol which is used between the SIP proxy server and the database layer server is RADIUS, which is mainly transaction based protocol.
SIP session/signalling are done using either TCP or UDP as a transport layer, with TCP as a recommendation to achieve fast session establishment.
• SIP based IP-node which is either a calling party or called party, is configured with IP-address and can be located anywhere physically and connected through internet.
• Called Party must be registered to the VoIP network via preconfigured REGISTRAR Server IP-address and Proxy server
• Calling Party has to be VoIP registered in order to initiate a call to the called user, it must also be configured with a Proxy server
• Called Party registers itself by sending REGISTER request to the Proxy Server. The Proxy server in turn updates the REGISTRAR server with Called Party IP-address, and/or domain and/or MSIDN/sip-URI. SIP-URI is nothing but a Unique Resource Identifier in sip format like ‘sip:[email protected]’. This association created in REGISTRAR server is uploaded into Location Server which is called as AOR – Address of Record. In most cases both REGISTRAR server and LOCATION server can be colocated into one box.
• Calling Party that wish to establish a communication with called user, sends INVITE request to the Proxy or Out-bound Proxy server with called party MSISDN or SIP-URI. Outbound Proxy server is nothing but a proxy server, configured separately for handling calls/session, which is again a deployment specific. Here Calling User will act as a UAC- User agent client and Proxy server acts as UAS – User agent server.
• Out-bound Proxy server receives INVITE request, response with 100 Trying response to the Calling user/UAC acknowledging Calling user that INVITE request is received and is being processed so it does not send multiple INIVITE request. The proxy server fetches called user AOR from the location server and receives the called user IP-address.
• Proxy server routes the INVITE request to the called user IP-address received in AOR from the location server.
• Called Party upon receiving INVITE request, will to start ring with tone, notifying the user about the incoming call, acknowledging back with 180 ringing response. In the 180 Ringing, called party adds its own IP-address which is traversed backed to the calling party.
• When called party picks the calls, it response with 200 OK.
• Calling party upon receiving 200 OK response send another SIP request ACK, which indicates the flow of voice RTP packet.
• Session can be broken by either party, by sending a BYE request.
Voice packets are being transmitted between calling party and called party directly end to end in particular codec format. SDP – session description protocol suit is also deployed along with SIP stack which maintains all voice packets stream and their measurement reports. Both RTP and RTCP packets are sent over UDP as a transport protocol to achieve real time streaming. RTCP provides feedback about RTP packets sends in reverse direction.
SIP based protocol leverage to add call features like call hold, Call Park, call conference, both audio and video call, multi user support and many other call functionality. It is easy to deploy and flexible enough to twist to achieve desired result of Voice over IP.
VoIP solution is key to fourth generation mobile communication supporting multimedia services like audio, video, chat, conference, announcement services. This technology is commonly known as IMS – IP Multimedia Subsystem, a standards of 3GPP project. SIP session createс high voice quality via dedicated bearer reserved for each SIP session. If the access type is LTE, then the voip session is termed as VoLTE( Voice over LTE) and if access type is Wifi, the voip session is termed as VoWIFI.
OSS projects aren’t completely related to standards and prototypes. If a present project is adopted, the approach goes straight to the Execution phase. So if a given project is under a really short permissive license, and a group of organizations can choose to supply an extra layer over the project . It is difficult to run an open-source project following a more conventional software development method like the waterfall model. In these standard methods it isn’t permitted to return to a former phase. So be certain you define the undertaking and that you communicate that definition clearly to the remaining portion of the team.
Together, an international community can create past the capabilities of any 1 individual. Then again, there are numerous added benefits of open source program. You ought to take advantage of this tool for the very simple reason it makes everything so much simpler for you. In such cases there is not any implicit advantage in using the web. At the exact same time, the usage of open-source software is expanding rapidly, and even commercial software companies often offer open-source licensing choices and opportunities. You can always choose is to develop an in-house solution in which you acquire or employ a group of professionals for the evolution of a customized solution based on your wants and wishes.
The success of Wikipedia and other digital content providers employing open source methodology demonstrates that the open source model proceeds to evolve. And it will probably continue to be a significant part of the digital economy. As a consequence of its open source license WordPress has come to be the dynamic web publishing platform it is today.
As a good example, Ramadan 2015 Android App give you all of the 99 allah names at one spot. Any application should have a specific uniqueness which will capture the interest of the users. The application build needs to have some essential features, in other words, it has to be reliable, customizable and serviceable. It should target a maximum number of users so that the business brand will get recognition. For that, a proper advertising is required, so that a growing number of folks are enticed to use the application.
Open source software is normally free, and so is a huge support during the vibrant communities surrounding each bit of software. Open source software may be cost-effective approach to run many forms of programs on your PC. Open source software, on the flip side, is typically not as resource-intensive, meaning that you may run it well even on older hardware.
The development of the web is making a bigger spectrum of projects out there. Open-source program development can be split into several phases. It’s therefore essential to encourage the developers to work together in the development procedure to make sure the organizational goals are satisfied. It’s possible to also hire open source developers from ANGLER at reasonable price. Developers can get the job done directly with Findbugs. Most OSS developers have experienced the should fulfil a specific requirement.